The Chemistry and Technology for Sustainability MicroMaster Program me from EdX is offered in partnership with Wageningen University and Research - WageningenX.
The world is moving from using fossil resources to sustainable biobased ones. In order to be truly sustainable, alternative, biobased resources also need to be economically viable. To be successful, corporations need to be able to navigate the challenges and opportunities in this dynamic field.
This MicroMasters Program is intended for those currently working in the energy, chemical and biotech industries and seeking to make a shift to more sustainable practices. It will focus on the use of chemical and biotechnological approaches for the production of energy-carriers, polymers, chemical building blocks and materials from renewable resources and waste streams.
Completion of this MicroMasters Program in Chemistry and Technology for Sustainability will enable you to discover new resources and help your company make the switch from fossil to renewable, biobased resources.
The only way to obtain the MicroMasters certificate is to complete and pass all courses in the programme with a verified (paid) certificate. You may browse individual courses for free before deciding to pursue the entire programme. However, some course content is only available to verified learners.
- Careers in industries such as: (bio)chemical industry, agrifood water companies, energy producers, logistics, and related governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Exciting career opportunities for traditionally and newly trained: (bio)chemical engineers, process engineers, supply chain manager, product managers, entrepreneurs, consultants and business developers in a biobased business
- Research scientist, microbiologist, bioprocess specialist
- The US biobased products industry contributes $369 Billion and 4 Million jobs to American economy
- EU employment in the biobased sector accounts for 13.8 million jobs
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What You'll Learn:
- Understand the challenges of switching from a fossil source-based economy to a biobased economy.
- Understand how to identify suitable raw materials and create valuable new products.
- Learn how to refine biomass without damaging its valuable components.
- Perform a functional analysis of potential methods that can be used for refining a resource.
- Learn how to efficiently convert biobased feedstocks into desired products.
- Evaluate technological, ethical, societal and economic consequences in the production of biobased products.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 5 other Masters in Chemistry in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International671 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 671 USD for the full programme and a duration of 6 months.
National671 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 671 USD for the full programme and a duration of 6 months.
5% discount coupon: Z7LZNQ4TN3B2JTWU valid for any free course + certificate upgrade
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.