The uniqueness of this one year program is that it is designed for those who have minimal experience in psychology or human services and those who have achieved a degree in those areas.
The Master of Arts in Psychology, Mental Health track offers graduate students the opportunity to learn about the mental health field all while working directly with faculty to clarify their individual interest in psychology.At the completion of this program students will be able to:
- Understand qualitative, quantitative, and mixed-methods research studies.
- Critically analyze peer-reviewed literature.
- Examine the most appropriate methods and understand different types of research designs, including survey, experimental, and quasi-experimental.
- Students will design, conduct, write, and present new psychological research.
- Analyze several different aspects of human development, including, but not limited to:cognitive development, social development, and emotional development.
- Evaluate the impact of mental health issues on society at micro and macro levels.
- Explore various types of trauma (physical, sexual, emotional), and how they affect individuals, couples, families, and groups differently.
- Analyze literature on mental health diagnoses, psychopharmacology, trauma, and resiliency.
- Evaluate the psychological, sociological, and biological concerns related to aging.
- Analyze attitudes, reactions, values, and beliefs about death, dying and grief across cultures in the United States
- Counseling Theory
- Advanced Human Development
- Crisis Intervention and Disaster Mental Health
- Research and Evaluation
- Social and Cultural Foundations
- Death and Dying
- Social Gerontology
- Psychological Trauma Across the Lifespan
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology View 908 other Masters in Psychology in United States
For more information please visit the university's website.
International30389 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30389 USD per year and a duration of 15 months.
National30389 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30389 USD per year and a duration of 15 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.