The coursework of the Childhood Education program of University at Albany emphasizes student engagement to build conceptual knowledge through strategic and targeted instruction to meet the needs of diverse learners. The program includes focused coursework on literacy development and instruction.
Increase your understanding of current education standards, technology, classroom strategies, and assessment methods, and learn how to identify and intervene when students encounter challenges.
If you hold initial New York State (NYS) teacher certification in childhood education, or if you already hold permanent NYS teacher certification in another content area, the master's in childhood education enables you to pursue professional certification to teach grades 1-6. To enter the program, you must possess initial teaching certification in childhood education.
Program of Study
This curriculum is regularly updated to include current best practices of professionals working in the field. Coursework can be completed part-time online or part-time or full-time on campus.
Student Learning Objectives
Learning objectives that UAlbany students are expected to attain through their course of study within their academic program.
- Our students demonstrate an understanding of the literacy knowledge and instruction appropriate for educational and/or community settings.
- Students apply their understanding of diversity, equity, and technology to educational and/or community settings.
- Students apply their content knowledge and understanding of literacy practices to the education and/or community setting of their choice through a reflective essay or inquiry project.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Classroom Literacy Instruction
- Children's Literature
- Strategic Intervention to Prevent Literacy Difficulties
- Literacy in Society
- Teaching Writing, B-6
- Teaching Social Studies, B-6
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 3485 other Masters in Education in United States
- Official Transcripts
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Official GRE scores
- An equivalent first childhood/elementary teaching certificate from any state
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11550 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5655 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.