These programs have been developed to meet the needs of individuals with backgrounds in engineering or the mathematical sciences who wish to enhance their knowledge of the theory, development, and use of quantitative models for design, analysis, risk management, and decision-making. This knowledge applies to complex systems in the industrial, service, or public sectors, including energy systems, supply chains, healthcare systems, and financial systems. Students may concentrate on theoretical studies in preparation for doctoral-level research, or on applications of state-of-the-art techniques to real world problems.
The MEng in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research from University of California, Berkeley is a professional, full-time, accelerated professional master's degree program. Students learn advanced techniques in IEOR and skills that prepare them to lead teams in developing new engineering solutions: skills in managing complex projects, motivating people, and directing financial and operational matters.
More informationVisit official programme website
- 4 courses in Technical Department area of concentration:
- 12-16 units depending on department
- 8 units Fung Institute Business & Leadership classes
- 2 units of boot camp short courses in mid AugustENGIN 270A Organizational Behavior & Negotiations
- ENGIN 270B R&D Tech Management and Ethics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering View 237 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
- a bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution;
- a satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) on a 4.0 scale; and
- enough undergraduate training to do graduate work in your chosen field.
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee: The application fee is not refundable. If you are a U.S. citizen or current permanent resident, the application fee is $105; for all others, the fee is $125.
International11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5721 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5721 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Nonresident Supplemental Tuition $7,551
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.