The M.Ed. in English Language Learning at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas , includes coursework required for endorsements to teach ELLs in PK-12 settings. The program includes an English Language Learning or Bilingual Education track to allow students to narrow their focus of study.
Upon completion of this program:
- Scholars will (SW) demonstrate understanding of language as a system (phonology, morphology, syntax, pragmatics, semantics) and develop learning experiences that support ELLs language and literacy development in all content areas (Language).
- SW construct supportive learning environments for ELLs through application of major theories and research related to the role of culture in learning and language acquisition (Culture).
- SW plan, implement, and manage high quality standards-based ESL and content instruction integrating evidence-based practices and technology to simultaneously develop content and language skills (Planning, Implementing, and Managing Instruction).
- SW demonstrate understanding in the selection, use and interpretation of cognitive, academic, and linguistic assessments for ELLs (Assessment).
- SW utilize historical perspectives, current policy, and advances in the research field to improve instructional practices and advocacy in the field of ELL education (Professionalism).
- PK-12 curriculum coordinator; instructional coach (if licensed)
- Community college instructor
- Higher education staff
- Community-based organizations
- English as a second/foreign language instructor abroad or in the corporate world
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Content Area Literacy
- TESL Linguistic Theory
- Theory and Practice for Academic English Language Development
- Methods and Curriculum for Teaching ELs
- TESL Curriculum
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Pedagogy View 277 other Masters in Pedagogy in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed admission application and fee
- Set of official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities
- A one-page (350 to 400 words) letter of intent should include (1) the English Language Learning or Bilingual Education focus area of interest, (2) professional and academic goals, and (3) discussion of experiences relative to the focus area of study. The letter should be uploaded on-line with the application forms through the Graduate College Grad Rebel Gateway application system. Assistantship applications are submitted to the department through the Grad Rebel Gateway application system. International students should check with the Graduate College for current deadlines and procedures.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 12 months.
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.