At the Environmental Conservation Education MA program from New York University, you will work with faculty from a wide variety of disciplines, including education, history, philosophy, law, journalism, science, health, and the arts, and learn how to:
- Critique the profound effects of human activity on the planet
- Identify and apply environmental theories, ethics, and policies across a broad range of formal and nonformal settings, both locally and globally, such as schools, cultural institutions, government agencies, and non- and for-profit organizations
- Describe national and local models of environmental education, analyze contemporary environmental issues, and implement environmental education as an interdisciplinary tool in fostering environmental literacy and sustainability
- Develop competencies in environmental education, including program design, curriculum development, evaluation, grant writing, policy analysis, and nonprofit management
Careers and Outcomes
Graduates of NYU Steinhardt's Environmental Conservation Education master's live and work in the United States and around the world. They direct projects, evaluate programs, consult, advocate for change, develop new policies, and create and run their own companies or nonprofit organizations – all in the name of educating the public about environmental conservation and sustainability.
Our alumni hold positions as conservation educators, environmental consultants, and more in:
- City, state, federal, and international agencies
- Parks, nature centers, zoos, and botanical gardens
- Nonprofit organizations
- Public and private schools
- Environmental Politics
- Environmental Education: Theory and Practice
- Cities and Their Environments
- Environmental Thought
- Internship in Environmental Conservation Education
- Field Ecology
- Urban Ecology
- Sustainable Places: Social and Ecological Field Studies
- Using Non-Formal Resources to Teach Science and Sustainability
- Environmental Justice through Digital Empowerment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Biodiversity & Conservation Environmental Sciences View 106 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- Proficiency in English
International74740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2020 USD per credit during 12 months.
National74740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2020 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.