Combine performance training with academic study, work closely with our renowned faculty—who are talented educators, active artists and respected commercial, symphonic, and chamber performers—and perform here at NYU and throughout New York City.
Throughout your Brass Studies program from New York University, your curriculum will help you learn:
- The necessary knowledge and skills to achieve a high level of musical excellence that enables you to pursue a career as a professional musician
- How to analyze the performance practices, both historical and contemporary, for repertoire from the 18th, 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries, informing the performance of that repertoire
- Entrepreneurial skills essential to the real and varied world of the music profession, including concert programming, grant writing, promotional/audience development, website design, and press releases.
- Practical working knowledge of technology commonly used in the music business
As a graduate student in our program, you'll have myriad performance opportunities. Several chamber music concerts each year offer chances for you to perform in the NYU Brass Choir, brass quintets, quartets, trios and other mixed ensembles taught by our leading ensemble faculty.
The NYU Symphony and Philharmonia present concerts of standard orchestral repertoire and new music, including concertos performed by student concerto competition winners. Additional orchestral experiences are available through our fully staged opera, music theatre productions, recording studio dates, and screen scoring projects produced by leading Broadway and major opera company music directors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music Reference and Research Materials
- Reference and Research in Jazz
- Music Theatre: Process and Analysis
- Contemporary Music
- Sonata in the 19th Century
- Music Criticism
- Various private instruction in applied instruments or voice
- Various Ensemble, Chamber Music, Workshop, Repertoire classes
- Performance Practices
- Principles and Appreciative Aspects of Performance Practice
- Advanced Orchestration
- Jazz Arranging Techniques
- Vocal Coaching: Advanced
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 947 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Purpose
- Proficiency in English
- Audition - An audition is required. We prefer that you schedule a live audition. If you are unable to audition in person, you should submit an audition video online via GetAcceptd. After you create a GetAcceptd account, you can complete your application and upload any required materials.
International21540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10770 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National21540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10770 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.