Teachers in the area of social studies have the critical role of helping learners understand their own society as well as the global community.
In addition to being prepared to teach Social Studies Education at University of Saint Thomas Saint Paul in grades 5-12, graduates of this program can bring a unique understanding of culture, history and economics to business settings. In this program, you will:
- Gain the knowledge and skills to have a positive impact on students in the K-12 classroom
- Become part of a supportive network of fellow students, alumni and faculty that will inspire and sustain you throughout your career
- Learn from expert faculty currently active in the K-12 classroom who are here to help you shape your path to your own classroom
- Environmental Challenges & Sustainable Solutions
- Non-US History Electives
- American Government in Comparative Perspective
- Middle East & North Africa in Global Perspective
- General Psychology
- East Asian Civilizations in Global Perspective
- Introduction to Sociology
- Foundations of Chinese Civilization
- General Anthropology
- The History of Modern China
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 4299 other Masters in Education in United States
- A Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A cumulative minimum undergraduate G.P.A. of 3.0 (4.0 scale). If below 3.0, please reference our special admission policy.
- Submit the following application materials:
- Application form
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate work (unless that work was completed at the University of St. Thomas)
International22440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 660 USD per credit during 12 months.
National22440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 660 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Saint Paul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.