The ability to formulate sophisticated questions and to conduct research to answer these questions is at the core of the program, and this prepares students for a broad range of professional opportunities. The Art History program at University of Saint Thomas Saint Paul also builds awareness of the ethical and culturally specific issues of research related to the field, including professional standards for work with issues of provenance and human subjects. In addition, our students develop crucial skills in written and oral presentation that are highly beneficial in most professions.
While some students enter the program with clearly defined professional goals, others come with an interest in exploring art history motivated by a love of art and a passion for studying its relationship to history.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory and Methodology
- Two courses in European or American Art
- Two courses in Non-European or Non-American Art
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Art History View 662 other Masters in History in United States
- Completed online application
- Official college transcript(s)
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Three (3) confidential letters of recommendation from non-related individuals that can speak to your academic abilities and achievements. At least one letter should be from a former professor.
- A personal statement (500 words or less) describing why you are pursuing graduate study and how your intended program will help you achieve your professional goals.
International22500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 625 USD per credit during 12 months.
National22500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 625 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Saint Paul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.