The Health Behavior and Health Education master’s degree programs are designed to prepare researchers and practitioners for leadership roles in a variety of careers. Students are prepared to work in industries such as:
- higher education
- public schools
- community health care settings
- business and industry
- government agencies
- non-profit health agencies
Health promotion combines health education with related organizational, economic, or political interventions. These programs are designed to create behavioral or environmental changes that result in improved public health. Research and practice in health promotion may occur in a variety of settings such as school, community, worksite, or health care.
The focus for health education can be on young children, adolescents, adults, and senior adults. This program also studies the effects of health education research on organizational and community contexts. Students’ courses emphasize a multidisciplinary, bio-behavioral and developmental approach to health promotion.
A diverse faculty, coupled with research and applied opportunities within and outside the university, provide an excellent environment to explore these areas of curriculum and research. Students will graduate with a unique set of skills that will make them ready for their careers, or further research.
Our program offers two Health Behavior and Health Education master’s programs: a Master of Education (M.Ed.) that does not require a thesis and a Master of Science (M.S.) with a thesis.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theories of Health Behavior
- Research Methods
- Introduction to Health Promotion and Behavioral Science (ONLY for students who do not have a Health Promotion prerequisite) OR any Faculty Advisor-approved HED course (for students who have met the HED prerequisite)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 653 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- An official score for the Graduate Record Examinations General Test (GRE), unless otherwise specified by the graduate program to which the student is applying. International students whose native language is not English must also submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Adequate subject preparation for the proposed major. Evidence of adequate preparation varies by program, but examples include letters of reference, auditions, samples of work, and personal statements
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 in upper-division (junior- and senior-level) coursework and in any graduate work already completed.
International18032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9016 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National18032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9016 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4637 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.