The Department of Special Education offers master’s (M.Ed., M.A.) and doctoral (Ph.D.) degrees with a concentration in Autism and Developmental Disabilities (A&DD). Our program curricula are Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) approved and many who graduate become Board Certified Behavior Analysts at the master’s (BCBA) or doctoral (BCBA-D) level. (View the BCBA Exam Pass Rates for Verified Programs.) Training in these programs emphasizes academic foundations in:
- education and treatment of individuals with A&DD,
- use of scientist-practitioner methods,
- development of research skills so that graduates can contribute new knowledge on assessment and treatment practices,
- competent, ethical, and multicultural practice.
Coursework and research are led by expert faculty to provide a rich understanding of the design, implementation, and evaluation of effective services offered to those with autism and related developmental disabilities.
Graduates from the AD&D program are qualified for several careers in the field of special education. Our alumni are employed as Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapists, special education teachers, professors in universities, behavioral consultants, and director-level administrators.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Challenging Behavior and Developmental Disabilities
- Teaching Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
- Communication Intervention
- Single-Subject Research Design
- Advances in the Understanding and Treatment of Autism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 653 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- An official score for the Graduate Record Examinations General Test (GRE), unless otherwise specified by the graduate program to which the student is applying. International students whose native language is not English must also submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Adequate subject preparation for the proposed major. Evidence of adequate preparation varies by program, but examples include letters of reference, auditions, samples of work, and personal statements
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 in upper-division (junior- and senior-level) coursework and in any graduate work already completed.
International18032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9016 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National18032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9016 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4637 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.