Graduates with Autism and Developmental Disabilities from University of Texas at Austin are qualified for several careers in the field of special education. Our alumni are employed as Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapists, special education teachers, professors in universities, behavioral consultants, and director-level administrators.
Graduates with Autism and Developmental Disabilities from University of Texas at Austin will gain foundation in:
- education and treatment of individuals with A&DD,
- use of scientist-practitioner methods,
- development of research skills so that graduates can contribute new knowledge on assessment and treatment practices,
- competent, ethical, and multicultural practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cultural & Linguistic Diversity
- Teaching Individuals with Autism & Development Disabilities
- Professional & Ethical Practice
- Challenging Behavior & Developmental Disabilities
- Communication Intervention
- Severe & Multiple Disabilities
- Professional Development in ABA
- Positive Behavior Supports and Classroom Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
December 1 priority deadline. Rolling Admissions Deadlines
- M.Ed. - 36 credits
- M.Ed. with Report - 45 credits
- M.A. - 54 credits
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 656 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the U.S. or proof of equivalent training at a foreign institution if applying for the master’s program
- A satisfactory grade-point average (GPA), particularly during the last two years of college and in any graduate study previously undertaken. The minimum required GPA for the Graduate School is 3.0.
- Official Test Scores GRE required of all applicants.
- Adequate Preparation Your records must reflect adequate subject preparation for your proposed graduate major.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Official TOEFL/IELTS Scores (International Applicants Only)
International12808 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6404 USD per semester during 24 months.
National12808 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6404 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State6772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3386 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.