At the Social Studies Education MA/MEd program from University of Texas at Austin, students and faculty explore the contextual and contested meanings of “history” and “citizenship” in U.S. public schools. Students engage in coursework and research that explore topics such as social studies curriculum, multicultural education, and improving literacy through social studies.
Graduates with Social Studies Education from University of Texas at Austin will:
- excavate and analyze current issues in education.
- gain knowledge in race, class, gender, sexuality, religion, and cultural differences inform the field of social studies education.
- Teaching Elementary School Subject- Social Studies
- Teaching Secondary School Subjects: Social Studies
- Current Issues Teaching the Social Studies
- History of the Social Studies
- Humanities and Literacy in Social Education
- Improving Social Studies Education
- Institutes in Instruction: Critical Issues in Social Education
- Perspectives on Democratic and Citizenship Education
- Social Studies Education: Issues and Research in the Field
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Master of Arts (M.A.) with Report (33 Credit Hours)
- Master of Arts (M.A.) with Thesis (30 Credit Hours)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) (36 Credit Hours)
DisciplinesEducation Area & Cultural Studies Sociology View 3217 other Masters in Education in United States
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the U.S.; or proof of equivalent training at a foreign institution.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0, particularly during the last two years of college and in any previous graduate study.
- Pay the Application Fee
- Have Your Transcripts Ready
- Submit Your Official GRE Scores
- Prepare Your Statement of Purpose
- Update Your Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Submit Three (3) Letters of Reference
- Official TOEFL/IELTS Scores
International18032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9016 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9016 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State9274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4637 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.