The Architecture and Historic Preservation dual degree from University of Maryland is open to students and professionals with an interest in architectural heritage, the course represents an ideal gateway to a career in demanding professional fields, such as conservation-oriented architectural practice, conservation consultancy and heritage management.
As the future leaders in these fields, the course’s graduates are expected to play a central role in disciplines that lie at the centre of the current economic, environmental and social agendas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Topical Design Studio
- Site Analysis and Design
- Architectural History Elective
- Urban Design Studio
- Professional Practice of Architecture
- Thesis Proseminar
- Thesis in Architecture
- Master's Thesis Research
- History, Theory, and Practice of Historic Preservation
- Negotiating Agreements & Resolving Conflicts when Developing Real Property
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture View 298 other Masters in Architecture in United States
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Writing Sample of at least 10-30 pages. This can be previous individual academic or professional work. It does not necessarily have to be related to architecture and historic preservation, however a related topic is preferred. The writing sample should demonstrate the ability to analyze a problem/question and clearly communicate your findings. Upload to the Writing Sample of the Uploads Requirements section of the online application.
- Must be admitted by both programs to pursue dual degree
International39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19500 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19500 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State17544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8772 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.