The Master of Music graduate program at Western Kentucky University has four areas of concentration: Music Education/Teacher Leader, Conducting/Teacher Leader, Conducting, and Pedagogy. These provide continued development of:
All degree seeking students must submit a planned program of study (curriculum contract) to the Graduate School prior to enrollment in coursework beyond 12 hours (inclusive of transfer credit). In compliance with Graduate School policy, the degree program is to be developed in consultation with the approved advisor assigned at the time of admission to the program.
- Conducting (MUCN)
- Conducting/Teacher Leader (MUCT)
- Music Education/Teacher Leader (MUTL)
- Pedagogy (MUPD)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music Literature
- Research Methods in Music
- Music and the Human Experience
- Advanced Conducting
- Conducting Seminar
- Ensemble Course
- Graduate Capstone Project
- Baccalaureate degree in music.
- Applicants who are alumni of WKU teacher preparation programs seeking the Music Education/Teacher Leader and Conducting/Teacher Leader concentrations must submit a current, valid teaching certificate or Statement of Eligibility for P-12 Music Certification (Integrated, Vocal, or Instrumental).
- Candidates who are alumni of WKU baccalaureate music degree programs seeking the Conducting and Pedagogy concentrations must submit an application.
- Applicants who have undergraduate degrees from all other accredited universities will be admitted without a qualifying GRE score if they have a minimum 2.75 GPA for all previous coursework (undergraduate and graduate) and if required for the concentration, have or are eligible for a teaching certificate. A copy of the certificate or statement of eligibility must be submitted with the application if applicable.
- Audition on primary instrument or voice.
International953 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 953 USD per credit during 12 months.
National917 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 917 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State607 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.