The Master of Music graduate program has four areas of concentration: Music Education/Teacher Leader, Conducting/Teacher Leader, Conducting, and Pedagogy. These provide continued development of:
All degree seeking students must submit a planned program of study (curriculum contract) to the Graduate School prior to enrollment in coursework beyond 12 hours (inclusive of transfer credit). In compliance with Graduate School policy, the degree program is to be developed in consultation with the approved advisor assigned at the time of admission to the program.
- Conducting (MUCN)
- Conducting/Teacher Leader (MUCT)
- Music Education/Teacher Leader (MUTL)
- Pedagogy (MUPD)
More informationVisit official programme website
- Music Literature
- Research Methods in Music
- Music and the Human Experience
- Advanced Conducting
- Conducting Seminar
- Ensemble Course
- Graduate Capstone Project
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMusic View 996 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application and Fee: Submit an application with a $95 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university;
- Original copy/copies of transcripts/marksheets in English for evaluation by the Graduate School (must be supplied by the institution)
- Transcripts are evaluatedby the Graduate School
- NOTE: any international transfer work requires an external evaluation by a NACES member institution; students are responsible for having this evaluation completed (only needed if the students wants to transfer graduate credit from a non-US institution)
International962 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 962 USD per credit and a duration of .
National899 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 899 USD per credit and a duration of .
In-State607 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 607 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.