This includes teaching children in kindergarten or other programs for five-year-olds if those programs are operated separately from the primary program. Graduates are prepared for positions in public schools, First Steps, Head Start programs, child care centers, and other public and private agencies serving young children and families.
The MAT program in Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education, Birth to Primary, for Initial Certification , Birth to Primary, Initial Certification is for individuals who are not certified in any area of education or whose certification is not in IECE. The performance-based program of study requires 34 semester hours of course work and various field experiences. The culminating experience of the program is an internship. Upon completion of the program and achieving a passing score on the required PRAXIS II exam, students are eligible to be recommended for the Statement of Eligibility to teach children age’s birth through kindergarten.
Western Kentucky University (WKU) prepares students of all backgrounds to be productive, engaged, and socially responsible citizen-leaders of a global society. The University provides research, service and lifelong learning opportunities for its students, faculty, and other constituents. WKU enriches the quality of life for those within its reach.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Action Research for Teacher Leaders
- Child Development Theory and Research
- Language Disorders
- Consultation in Educational and Mental Health Settings: Theory and Practice
- Normal Language Development
- Curriculum/Methods in Early Childhood Special Education
- Organizing Programs for Early Childhood Special Education
- Assessment in Early Childhood Special Education
- Family-Focused Services
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 382 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- Document completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Have completed SPED 330 or SPED 516 or an equivalent introductory special education course prior to entering the MAT program or complete SPED 516 as a program deficiency.
- Present a letter of application including a professional goals statement.
- Provide three letters of reference. At least one reference letter must be from a university faculty member who can speak to the applicant's ability to be successful in a graduate program.
- Document a cumulative overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or above OR a GPA of 3.0 in the last 30 hours of course work (counting all course work, undergraduate and graduate).
- Submit documentation to satisfy partial criteria for admission to professional education including: references; physical including TB test; signed code of ethics; criminal background check; and passing standardized test scores.
International953 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 953 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National917 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 917 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State607 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 607 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.