Courses and experiences include Professional Learning Communities in which students interact with other graduate students from various content areas and grade levels to discuss and work on real world challenges and promising practices they encounter in schools and other settings with early childhood programs.
Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education, Birth to Primary, for Teacher Leaders program graduates are qualified to work with children from birth to entry into the primary program. This includes teaching children in kindergarten or other programs for five-year-olds if those programs are operated separately from the primary program. Graduates are prepared for positions in public schools,
First Steps, Head Start programs, child care centers, and other public and private agencies serving young children and families. In addition, graduates may serve in leadership roles, such as preschool consultant, professional development provider, child evaluation specialist, etc.
Western Kentucky University (WKU) prepares students of all backgrounds to be productive, engaged, and socially responsible citizen-leaders of a global society. The University provides research, service and lifelong learning opportunities for its students, faculty, and other constituents. WKU enriches the quality of life for those within its reach.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Teacher Leadership
- Advanced IECE Curriculum Development
- Action Research Capstone for Teacher Leaders
- IECE 520 Organizing Programs for Early Childhood Special Education
- IECE 550 Advanced Early Childhood Assessment
- Principles of Action Research for Teacher Leaders
- Child Development Theory and Research
- Language Disorders
- Interdisciplinary Services for Young Children with Low Incidence Disabilities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 3480 other Masters in Education in United States
- WKU Graduate: Applicants who are alumni of WKU teacher preparation programs must hold or be eligible for a teaching certificate for Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education
- Graduate of a Kentucky Higher Education Institution Other Than WKU: Applicants who completed their initial certification program at another Kentucky institution must have earned at least a 2.75 GPA* for all previous coursework (undergraduate and graduate) and must hold or be eligible for a teaching certificate for Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education. Applicants must submit a copy of the teaching certificate or Statement of Eligibility** with the application.
International953 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 953 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National917 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 917 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State607 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 607 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.