The goal of this multidisciplinary graduate degree program in Homeland Security Sciences is to prepare science professionals and technology leaders for careers in Homeland Security, an emerging cross-cutting discipline. The program is concentrated in applications of physics, biology and chemistry to detect, quantify, prevent, and decontaminate chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosive (CBRNE) threats.
The program leads to the Master of Science degree in Homeland Security Sciences and requires a minimum of 31 semester hours beyond a Bachelor degree. The program's curriculum features a hands-on research component, which enables students to apply their training to real-world problems.
The program helps to improve the security of the nation, while preserving our values, freedoms, and economy. It supports innovative, leading-edge intra-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary research, study, and technology development, leading to practical, affordable solutions to the current and future security challenges the United States faces at home and around the world.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Overview of Homeland Security
- Introduction to Physics Applications in Homeland Security
- Nuclear / Radiological Detection and Remediation
- Nuclear / Radiological Detection and Remediation Laboratory
- Chemical Agents and Explosives
- Detection/Analysis of Chemical Agents and Explosives Lecture
- Detection/Analysis of Chemical Agents and Explosives Laboratory
- Principles of Environmental Health
- Public Health Management of Disasters
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPhysics Public Health View 803 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Application and Fee: Submit an application with a $95 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university;
- Original copy/copies of transcripts/marksheets in English for evaluation by the Graduate School (must be supplied by the institution)
- Transcripts are evaluatedby the Graduate School
- NOTE: any international transfer work requires an external evaluation by a NACES member institution; students are responsible for having this evaluation completed (only needed if the students wants to transfer graduate credit from a non-US institution)
International962 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 962 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National899 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 899 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State607 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 607 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.