- Begin a Wildlife and Fisheries Biology program at Frostburg State University that is a joint educational endeavor between FSU and the Center for Environmental Science’s nearby Appalachian Laboratory.
- Complete a program that offers Delaware students in-state resident tuition rates through the Academic Common Market agreement.
- Complete extensive research that culminates in writing your master’s thesis and presenting your work at a public seminar.
- Use the exceptional scientific facilities available to graduate students on the FSU campus, including the mammalogy, ornithology, herpetology, ichthyology and forest ecology labs, microscopy complex, stream ecology lab, environmental lab, vertebrate museum collections and other such resources.
State and federal government agencies employ a high percentage of biologists in the wildlife and fisheries field though there are opportunities in the private sector as well. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, growth in this career field through 2022 is expected to be just 5 percent, which is lower than the average across all occupations. Many in this field go on to complete doctoral studies or gain positions as managers in research settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantitative Analysis of Vertebrate Populations
- Methods Of Research in Biological Sciences
- Laboratory Teaching Experience
- Graduate Seminar in Fish/Wild/AECB
- Research Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Aquaculture & Fisheries Ecology View 851 other Masters in Biology in United States
A screening committee composed of AL and FSU Biology faculty will examine yourtranscripts and determine if your course work meets the requirements listed below.Areas of deficiency will necessitate your taking undergraduate courses that will notbe counted toward the 36 credit hours required for the degree program.You must have completed a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college oruniversity. Your undergraduate training must have included 1 year of courses ingeneral biology and general chemistry, one semester of calculus and at least onesemester of organic chemistry and statistics. Additionally, your transcripts mustshow that you have passed one course in at least four of these eight fields of biology:
- Anatomy or Morphology
- Cellular or Molecular Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Evolution or Systematics
- Natural Resource Management
International560 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 560 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National560 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 560 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State437 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 437 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.