The MSW will prepare students to become a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) qualifying them for a wider range of employment opportunities (mental health, medical social work, child welfare, etc.) working with various populations (children, adolescents, adults, elderly, disabled, etc.).
- The Social Work Advanced Standing Program at Utah Valley University will have three different specializations: Mental Health, Addictions (including substance and nonsubstance addictions, i.e. pornography, gambling, painkillers, etc.), and Engaging with Diverse Populations.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Spirituality in Social Work
- Family Therapy
- Mental Health Diagnosis
- Crisis Intervention
- Couples Therapy
- Family Violence Across the Lifespan
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Policy View 742 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
- Create an account and provide information. Application + fee differs for International Students.
- Pay $45.00 fee and exit application. Re-enter application to submit remaining materials.
- Submit a current resume that includes educational background and professional experience.
- Submit a two-part essay that includes an autobiographical statement (2-3 pages) and a critical analysis of a clinical or policy issue (2 pages). More details available here.
- Provide name and email address of three professional references. References will be contacted via email to submit an electronic recommendation.
- Send all official university transcripts. If requesting an electronic copy from your university, official transcripts must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. UVU transcripts are already on file and do not need to be requested.
International24624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24624 USD per year during 12 months.
National24624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24624 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9408 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9408 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Orem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.