This Environmental and Urban Geosciences program at the University of Missouri - Kansas City prepares students for advanced study in natural hazards, paleoseismology, geology, geochemistry, climate variability, water resources, wetland dynamics, air and water pollution, geoarchaeology, paleoenvironments, geography, urban and human systems, GIS, and environmental remote sensing. The program provides students with either a thesis or non-thesis option. All students must complete the core curriculum and additional coursework.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating from this program will:
- be able to conduct an independent geospatial research project.
- be able to analyze and interpret environmental data.
- review ethics in research and career goals, conduct literature searches, and critically evaluate scholarly information.
- assess and defend research findings through oral and written communication.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Remote Sensing and Digital Image Analysis
- Biogeography and Landscape Ecology
- Global Environmental Change
- Archaeological Field Survey Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences View 109 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
- Completion of an undergraduate degree with a major in a geosciences field (such as Environmental Sciences or Studies, Geography, and/or Geology) and a grade-point average of at least 3.0 (A = 4.0) overall, as well as in the major.
- Submission of scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required but highly recommended. GRE scores may be used to award assistantships.
- Two letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references.
- The student must declare either a thesis or non-thesis degree option in his or her application. If you are declaring a thesis option admission, you must secure a thesis advisor in the Geosciences Department before admission and declare this in your application. For assistance, contact the Graduate Advisor.
- All application materials must be submitted to the Admissions Office by March 31 for fall semester and October 1 for spring semester for final consideration.
International26804 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13402 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National26804 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13402 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5680 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.