How Duke University's Master in Risk Engineering (with concentration in Materials and Structures) program Will Differentiate You in Your Career
- Engineering positions in model-based risk assessment increasingly require master's-level training.
- Analysis and management of risks in the modern world requires knowledge of the economic, policy, and societal context, in addition to the technical and mathematical foundations.
- Expertise in probabilistic modeling, data analysis, risk assessment, and decision-making under uncertainty is critically important to a broad range of academic, industrial, and governmental career paths.
- Graduates from this program will be prepared to work in a wide variety of sectors including risk assessment, engineering and business consulting, insurance and re-insurance industry, financial engineering, and infrastructure analysis, among others.
- Students completing the program will be well-prepared to continue on in PhD programs in systems engineering, financial engineering, operations research, or infrastructure engineering.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Management of High Tech Industries
- Business Fundamentals for Engineers
- Uncertainty and Risk in Engineering
- Linear Systems Theory
- System Identification
- Numerical Optimization
- Nonlinear Dynamics
- Wave Propagation in Elastic and Poroelastic Media
- Environmental Geomechanics
- Continuum Mechanics
- Structural Dynamics
- Buckling of Engineering Structures
- Computational Materials Science
- Nonlinear Mechanical Vibration
- Viscoelastic Biomechanics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction Risk Management View 211 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United States
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science from an accredited institution (transcripts required, including an estimated GPA and a grade scale)
- Statement of Purpose
- Three recommendations
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or equivalent—official results
- English Language Testing (TOEFL or IELTS)—official results
- Interview and/or a video introduction
- Nonrefundable application fee of US$75— paid by credit card, or by a check made payable to Duke University
International57900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28950 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National57900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28950 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.