Our program is distinguished by both its faculty and students. Our students come from around the globe, working primarily in consulates or diplomatic missions. In addition to FDU faculty, key professors include former United Nations Ambassadors, Consuls General and other outstanding professionals and academics who hold small, in-person classes.
The M.A. Global Affairs at Fairleigh Dickinson University comprises 30 credits (10 courses) of graduate-level coursework held off-campus primarily in consulates and missions to the United Nations in New York City. Students typically take six credits per quarter and complete the program in two to three years. Courses begin in September, January, May, and July.
Building Blocks to a Full Degree
The program is tailored to the mobility needs of the diplomatic corps, with progressive stages to complete the M.A. degree, and online courses to accelerate or to complete the program if students are re-posted out of the area:
- Diplomado (6 credits) for special cohorts
- Certificate in Diplomacy and International Relations (18 credits)
- Master of Arts in Global Affairs (30 credits)
The program may be taken from abroad completely online or by live tie-in to the classes in New York City.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methods of Political Analysis
- World Heritage Law and Policy
- Thesis or Project
- Seminar on Globalization
- Trafficking in Humans
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 23 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEthnic Studies Political Science View 159 other Masters in Ethnic Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A graduate application for admission.
- A bachelor’s degree (or corresponding post-secondary degree) from an accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative grade point ratio (CGPR) of 2.70. Applicants with a CGPR of less than 2.70 may be admitted as non-matriculated students on probation.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended. Applicants who are unable to provide official documents at the time of enrollment may register as non-matriculated students with a graduate faculty adviser.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9751 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 623 USD per credit during 23 months.
National9751 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 623 USD per credit during 23 months.
In-State9751 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 623 USD per credit during 23 months.
Living costs for Madison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.