Graduate students in this program leave with the knowledge, skills, and strategies required to enhance their ability as a Reading Specialist. The program is based on the Kansas Literacy Standards and the International Literacy Association’s Standards for Reading Professionals. The program is fully accredited by the Kansas State Department of Education and CAEP.
The Master of Science in Reading with an emphasis in Reading Specialist Licensure program includes 39 graduate credit hours completely ONLINE. The program was created for the busy classroom teacher. All assignments, practicum, and apprenticeship were designed to be completed in whatever grade level you teach. The program can be completed in seven semesters by taking two courses per semester and the Apprenticeship in the last semester. Successful completion of this program and the Praxis Literacy examination can result in a Kansas Literacy Specialist License.
For more information, please visit the programme website.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Teaching View 266 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Official transcript(s) of your secondary and post-secondary school credits
- TOEFL or IELTS score results
- A U.S. $60.00 application fee are required prior to completion of the application process. The non-refundable application fee should be in the form of a certified check or money order made payable to Pittsburg State University
- To apply, you may complete an online form or complete and print the PDF form. A checklist is provided to assist you with the application process
International745 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 745 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National745 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 745 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State333 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 333 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!