The Wildlife Conservation program of The University of Maine has allowed past students with undergraduate degrees in subjects such as history, sociology, political science, geology, and theology to develop a foundation in ecological sciences and natural resource management. All of our M.W.C. graduates have found rewarding careers. For example, they have included:
- An environmental planner for one of Maine’s Native American tribal governments.
- The founder of an environmental group on the Indonesian island of Sulawesi.
- The policy and development director for a conservation organization in Vermont.
- The founder of a consulting firm that undertakes non-lethal management of beavers all over North America and abroad.
- Two conservation managers for The Nature Conservancy.
- Director of one of the Massachusetts Audubon Society’s sanctuaries.
- Two staff members of the U.S. Agency for International Development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Behavioral Ecology
- Special Topics in Biology
- Habitat Conservation
- Resource Economics
- Human Ecology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Animal Sciences Ecology View 103 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United States
- An excellent academic record (3.4-4.0 GPA),
- High scores on the Graduate Record Examination
- Substantial practical experience through summer or post-graduate employment
- Strong letters of recommendation
- Completed online application
- Official transcript of all previous college or university work
- $65 application fee
- Official English proficiency examination scores are required unless you have received a degree from an English-speaking institution
- Certification of Finances to be submitted at the time of admission
- A copy of your passport or visa to aid in processing I-20 paperwork
International1503 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1503 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1503 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1503 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State461 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 461 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.