The Marine Policy of The University of Maine is designed to take advantage of the strong interdisciplinary nature of the School. The program is intended for students interested in the application of science and policy. It is intended as a terminal degree but does not rule out continuation to a Ph.D. The course of study is two years.
All students in the program will receive training in the social science aspects of marine resource management, in marine sciences, and in empirical methods. In addition, students will be expected to gain expertise in either living natural resources or coastal zone management. The program offers both a thesis and a non-thesis option.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Broadening the Impacts of Research
- Coastal and Marine Resource Management
- Coupled Natural and Human Systems
- Coast Practices and Coastal Zone Management
- Fisheries Population Dynamics
- Knowledge & Part in the Science Policy Process
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Aquaculture & Fisheries Ecology View 851 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Completed online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript of all previous college or university work
- Official test scores
- $65 application fee
- Official English proficiency examination scores are required unless you have received a degree from an English-speaking institution
- Certification of Finances to be submitted at the time of admission
- A copy of your passport or visa to aid in processing I-20 paperwork
International1503 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1503 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1503 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1503 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State461 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 461 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.