Required core courses at University of Houston ensure a breadth of knowledge in the discipline including rock physics, seismic wave propagation, geophysical data analysis, and potential field methods. A wide variety of Geophysics electives at Geophysics allows concentration in areas such as exploration, geotechnical, or environmental geophysics, solid earth geophysics, petroleum exploration, marine geophysics, earthquake seismology, and geodynamics.
The typical student pursuing this degree is interested in geophysics and has a good background in the geosciences, mathematics, physics, and computing. Graduates will typically pursue careers with resource companies; geophysical service companies; various federal, state, and local government agencies; in the financial sector; in education; or will continue study to pursue a doctorate.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Physical Geology
- Rocks and Minerals
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- International students fall deadline - 7 May
DisciplinesEarth Sciences View 94 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
- A cumulative GPA of 3.00 or better in the last 60 hours.
- Letters of recommendation from three (3) individuals (preferably faculty members), who are able to judge the candidate’s academic abilities and potential for scholarly research.
- GRE scores (verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing: advanced GRE is recommended but optional)
- English proficiency test scores, if applicable.
International843 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 843 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National843 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 843 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State334 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 334 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.