This Communication and Education program at Teachers College at Columbia University uses a broad range of methods -- including both qualitative and quantitative approaches -- to study the intersections of communication and learning.
It asks, in particular, how education and other social systems change under the impact of emerging media. The program encourages students to:
- Reflect on the historical, cultural and social impact of a wide range of media
- Leverage relevant research methods and modes of inquiry to better understand how communication and media use shape learning practices
- Attend closely to both technological artifacts and human activity, reflecting on the diverse ways in which modes of communication condition the meanings actually, and potentially, communicated—particularly through the wide variety of digital means available to us.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Cognitive Issues and Technology
- Cognition and Computers
- Technology and Culture
- Culture, Media, and Education
- Technology and School Change
- Online Schools and Online Schooling K-12
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Journalism View 155 other Masters in Journalism in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Degree Application, including Statement of Purpose and Resume
- Transcripts and/or Course-by-Course Evaluations for all Undergraduate/Graduate Coursework Completed
- Results from an accepted English Proficiency Exam (if applicable)
- $65 Application Fee
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
International61216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1913 USD per credit during 12 months.
National61216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1913 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.