Graduates of the Health Professions Education program of University of Rochester emerge as aspiring and inspiring leaders. They are well prepared to lead in an ever-changing healthcare environment and well positioned to succeed in ever-expanding roles and careers within traditional healthcare education and training environments, as well as in emerging healthcare delivery channels.
These programs are designed to prepare the best and the brightest health profession educators, leveraging state-of-the-art research and best practices at the intersection of health and education to significantly influence the future of healthcare.
Advancing Healthcare and Your Career to the Next Level.
- Graduates of our programs are well prepared to succeed as effective clinical-educators in ever-emerging roles in healthcare education, including:
- Faculty and administrative positions at medical, dental, and nursing schools in the United States and abroad.
- Supervising and training of interns and residents.
- Supplemental or second careers in professional and instructional development.
- Opportunities in the growing areas of telehealth and online healthcare portals.
Attention International Students
Our health professions education master's programs are ideal for international physicians, nurses, and other health professionals who desire to work, or who are currently working, in a university setting–especially at those universities interested in strengthening the preparation of health care professionals. Our "high residency" option (HP3) will enable you to meet most scholarship requirements that limit the number of online credits you can take.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Health Professions Education
- Teaching and Learning in Higher Education and Health Care Settings
- Clinical Teaching in Health Care Professions Education: Teaching and Instructional Methods
- Communication and Counseling Skills for Teachers, Administrators, and Other Helping Professionals
- Policy and Practice in Developmental Differences
- Organizational Theory: Theoretical Traditions, Future Directions
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Public Health Health Sciences View 1307 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Application fee of $70 (USD) is required when you submit your application
- Official transcripts of all previous post-secondary education are required if admitted to the program
- Letters of recommendation from members of the academic community and/or workplace professionals who know your qualifications for graduate study are required
- A statement of purpose describing your academic or professional background and your interest in pursuing graduate study at Warner is required
- Current résumé or curriculum vitae should be uploaded to the online application.
- A writing sample
- We do not require entrance examinations as part of the application to the Warner School. If you have taken the GRE already and wish to submit your score, we will be happy to evaluate it as part of your application
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for international applicants who are non-native English speakers
International48840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1628 USD per credit during 12 months.
National48840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1628 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.