A distinguishing feature of Biotechnology and Ethics from Pontifical John Paul II Institute curriculum is to situate ethical analysis within an anthropology of love understood to include a cosmology.
The M.T.S. in Biotechnology and Ethics program prepares students for further academic study in higher degree programs as well as for professional engagement in a variety of contexts such as teaching, research, policy development, and clinical consultation work related to bioethics. The program also offers continuing education for professionals in the medical, legal, and other fields.
- Jesus Christ: Revealer of God and Man
- Moral Theology: Freedom and Human Action
- Sexual Ethics and the Person
- Biotechnical Anthropology
- Biology, Medicine, and the Contours of Human Life
- Life, Death, and the Human Person
- Creation: Nature and Life
- Science, Theology, and Ethics
- Environment and the Cosmological Order
- Issues in Science: Genetics & Embryology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Biotechnology View 298 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in the United States or from its equivalent in foreign countries.
- Application Fee
- At least three letters of recommendation from faculty members of academic institutions formerly attended.
- Please refer to the individual application forms for a description of the essay topics and the requirements for each program.
- Official paper transcripts of all post-secondary education (sent by the institution)
- Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores are required for admissions to all degree-seeking programs at the time of application.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores
- Electronic photo (headshot)
- A letter of permission from your bishop or provincial if you are a diocesan clergy or religious/ A letter of presentation if you are a lay person applying to the S.T.D. program
International18750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9375 USD per semester during 24 months.
National18750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9375 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.