The Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston is dynamic and offers courses both online and on-campus. This blended format enhances the overall student experience by balancing convenience with the personal and professional benefits of in-class learning and networking.
The Cizik School of Nursing Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner track prepares graduates to care for patients from adolescence throughout the lifespan with complex health deviations across the continuum of acute care services. The curriculum addresses common health problems encountered by adult acutely ill patients. Graduates of the program are eligible to take the Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner certification examination offered by the American Nurse Credentialing Center or the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses.
Graduates of the advanced practice degrees are eligible to take national certification exams and eligible for licensure as an Advance Practice Nurse in Texas. Requirements for other states vary and graduates should check individual state requirements prior to applying for an advanced practice status or license.
Cizik School of Nursing graduates enjoy the benefit of being within a network of close to 11,000 alumni, most whom live and work within the Houston area.
The Adult/Gerontology Acute Care track offers courses online and in the classroom to provide students with a flexible schedule. This hybrid format allows students to work and go to school. It also provides critical in-classroom experiences that provide networking time with colleagues, as well as access to notable speakers and leaders located within and around the Texas Medical Center.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Pharmacology for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Advanced Physical Exam/Differential Diagnosis
- Diagnostic Tests and Procedures
- Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Clinical
- 30 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 738 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A completed online application
- $60.00 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended
- A Baccalaureate degree in nursing earned from an accredited program. Applicants must have a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- A completed basic statistics course.
- Three (3) satisfactory academic/professional references. Supply individual references with an applicant letter of reference form (pdf)
- A course-by-course evaluation of international credentials by Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) for individuals with degrees/courses from outside the US
- A professional curriculum vitae or resume
- Documentation (via resume or vitae): One year of ICU experience as a registered nurse
- An interview may be required of qualified applicants. All interviews are by invitation
- Writing samples may be required at the time of an interview
- One year of ICU experience as a registered nurse
International13428 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6714 USD per semester during 30 months.
National13428 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6714 USD per semester during 30 months.
In-State3792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1896 USD per semester during 30 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.