Public health is a diverse field that attracts professionals from various educational backgrounds who work to address complex health issues such as sexually transmitted infections, chronic diseases, environmental hazards and substance abuse. It serves communities locally and/or globally to improve peoples’ health and prolong lives. Public health professionals need to collaborate with clinicians, heath care agencies and community members to identify resources that help mitigate these health issues and prevent future health problems.
The MPH program offers convenient scheduling in which students have the option to take courses on campus, online or both. If students choose to take classes on campus, they can study in New Rochelle, the Bronx or Queens.
A 45-credit program, the MPH program will involve traditional public health coursework in the initial semesters while the last semesters will be devoted to a practice-based internship and a thesis paper based on an outcomes-oriented project.
- Graduate Research and Critical Analysis
- Ethics and Leadership: An Interdisciplinary Perspective
- Public Health Systems and Practice
- Behavioral and Social Aspects of Public Health
- Environmental and Occupational Health
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health View 804 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Online Application
- Personal Essay
- High School Transcript or Diploma
- Transfer Credit (if students are transferring credits from a previous institution, they must submit official academic transcripts)
- Admissions Fee ($35 for undergraduate students, $50 for graduates; we accept check, money order, certified bank draft or cash)
- Professional References (direct admit bachelor’s students must submit two letters of recommendation)
- SAT scores (only required for students interested in scholarship consideration)
International842 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 842 USD per credit and a duration of .
National842 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 842 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.