Whether seeking to be ordained in the ELCA's roster of Word and Sacrament or to further your academic studies, LSTC's MDiv program will allow you to concentrate on building competencies for ministry rather than just fulfilling requirements for a degree. At LSTC, you will find guides, mentors, and friends to nurture the academic, spiritual, civic and professional dimensions of your life and ministry.
LSTC's curriculum cultivates competencies for leadership in a public church that focuses on community engagement, public witness, and social transformation. Our holistic approach to theological education breaks academic disciplines out of their silos and allows creative collaboration to flourish.
MDiv students take 9 Orienting Courses and 18 additional Pathway Courses for a total of 27 courses that cover all areas of competency. Coursework for the MDiv can be completed in three years, including one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE). Students pursuing ordination in the ELCA must also complete one twelve-month internship.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Cultural Context: Public Church I and II
- Religious Heritage: Scripture I and II, History and Theology I and II
- Ministerial Leadership: Ministerial Leadership I and II
- Spiritual Formation: Spiritual Formation I
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 692 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s Degree (any field of study) from an accredited college or university
- Average 3.0 GPA or above on a 4.0 scale
- Application for Admission
- Autobiographical Statement of approx. 800-1,000 words.
- Official Transcripts from all institutions where you have completed academic work since high school.
- References from three people using the Master's recommendation form [PDF].
International17550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17550 USD per year and a duration of .
National17550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17550 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.