The program gives attention to areas vital to the success of the music minister including: administration, music performance, biblical and theological foundations of music in worship and spiritual growth. Through this Master in Music and Worship program, the School of Music seeks to provide competent leadership to churches, colleges, denominational agencies and appropriate mission fields.
Upon the completion of the Master of Music, Music and Worship degree from Lee University, an individual should possess the following qualities, abilities, and skills:
- The ability to prepare musical experiences/performances that are informed by an understanding of historical performance practice and advanced musical analysis, and frame the results in a scholarly manner.
- The ability to articulate a Christian worldview of music and the arts.
- The ability to organize, administrate and lead music for worship which demonstrates an understanding of a wide variety of vocal and instrumental music, including historical genres and current styles.
- To demonstrate an understanding of basic biblical and theological foundations for music in worship, and their implications in corporate worship.
- Familiarity with and a basic understanding of the use of the dramatic arts, dance, visual arts, and technology in use with music for worship.
- Comprehensive musical skills necessary to work as a professional musician and in developing young musicians.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Congregational Worship
- History of Church Music
- Seminar in Church Music
- Church Music Literature/Sources
- Church Music Internship
- Graduate Worship Festival
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 1002 other Masters in Music in United States
- Completed application form
- $25.00 U.S. dollars nonrefundable application fee
- Checks drawn from overseas banks are not accepted. International money orders are suggested.
- Official records of post-secondary academic work. All academic records and other credentials must be accompanied by an official English translation
- The official language at Lee University is English. A TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score must be officially reported by the Education Testing Service if the applicant is from a non English-Speaking country (Lee University’s institutional number is 1401)
- Financial Statement. A sponsor’s guarantee form and bank statement, documenting that there is sufficient financial resources for two semesters of study including travel expenses. This is a United States government regulation that is strictly enforced by Lee University.
International785 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 785 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National785 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 785 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.