This two-year Applied Life Sciences MS program at Keck Graduate Institute aims to teach individuals to translate scientific research into medical products useful to the world at large. It emphasizes specific training in translational and clinical research skills and a deep understanding of the context within which medical science is translated for societal benefit, including management skills. The program prepares students for a successful lifelong career in translational and clinical research, as well as management.
Graduates are uniquely positioned to excel in a variety of careers addressing the critical and managerial needs in research and development of biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, as well as clinical and academic laboratories. In addition, as the program combines rigorous graduate-level courses with a yearlong biomedical or clinical research projects, it is a stepping stone to doctoral degrees (MD/DO, PhD, PharmD, etc.)
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat sets the MS program apart from other master’s programs?
- Life science industry focus
- Applied translational course work
- Professional development opportunities
- Applied translational research
- Clinical research
- Real life company-sponsored team projects
- Perform hypothesis-driven research
- Evaluate research design and methodology, and analyze and report data results
- Assess literature, identify knowledge gaps, and convey findings to the scientific community
- Translate scientific discoveries into products that benefit society
- Communicate effectively with scientists, engineers, and business professionals
- Contribute productively on an interdisciplinary team tackling complex problems
- Adhere to ethical principles in research, development, and business issues
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Health Sciences View 103 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement
- Letter of Recommendation
- Standardized Test Scores
- English Language Proficiency
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Admission Interview
International40990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40990 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National40990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40990 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.