The Engineering Management program here at the International Technological University (ITU) has been designed to prepare engineers, technical specialists and business professionals to lead projects and programs and to take leadership positions in such technology-oriented businesses.
Training in Engineering Management includes instruction in engineering and technology subjects, along with a foundation in principles of business management. The degree has sometimes been referred to as a “technical MBA” and puts a significant emphasis on the development of leadership skills, team-building, collaboration, technology assessment, innovation and entrepreneurship, financial analysis, quantitative methods, market research, and effective business communication.
Furthermore, given our existence in the heart of Silicon Valley, we also offer students the opportunity to study and learn about fast-developing emerging markets such as the Internet of Things (IoT), medical devices, digital health technology, cloud computing, and other areas.
- Be prepared to lead engineering and technical project teams, delivering new products and services in the United States or abroad.
- Be able to take a systems-approach to analyzing problems and managing projects.
- Understand the process of aligning project goals and objectives with corporate strategy.
- Have a strong grasp of principles of project management and be able to apply them in the work setting.
- Be able to demonstrate good communication skills, both written and oral, as an engineering manager.
- Demonstrate competence and knowledge in at least one area of technical emphasis, such as software engineering, electrical engineering, computational and mathematical engineering, etc.
- Develop an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to identify new business opportunities and capitalize on new venture ideas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Internet of Things Management
- Cybersecurity Management
- Cloud Computing Management
- Business Analysis for Software Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology Software Engineering View 469 other Masters in Software Engineering in United States
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 2.75, or a Master’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Proof of English proficiency:* All applicants whose native language is not English and who did not receive either a bachelor’s or graduate degree from an English-speaking institution must take one of the following English proficiency tests:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination: score of 72 or better for the internet-based test (iBT).
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination: band score of 6.0 or better for the academic module.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): score of 50 or better.
- Demonstrated commitment to contribute to and complete the program
International12600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 24 months.
National12600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for San Jose
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.