The program includes biblical and theological foundations, cross-cultural perspectives, and analysis of historical and contemporary issues in mission, ministry skills, and missionary partnership opportunities. It integrates evangelism, community development, church planting, strategies, social concerns, contextual theology and the global mission of God.
The students who graduate from the Master of Arts in Mission Studies and World Christianity will:
- Understand the Bible and its
- Perceive the various concepts
- introductory, critical, historical, geographical, and cultural background based on a hermeneutics of mission including evangelism, social responsibilities, urban mission and Missio Dei.
- Clarify the characteristics of urban and global mission issues in terms of theology, anthropology, and sociology.
- Be increased in an ability to academically and realistically recognize the different culture and social customs in order to understand peoples who are living there. In addition, he or she is advised to closely connect to social agencies such as the welfare department.
- Cooperative effort in theological understanding and the role between
- Comprehend church and mission to manage and mobilize its resources for world evangelization.the both the missionary role and indigenous leadership in the midst of our rapidly changing society and world order.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Biblical Hebrew
- Introduction to Jewish Cultures
- Introduction to Christian Scripture
- Introduction to Religion
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 655 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
Application form for admission
$100.00 non-refundable application fee
A brief autobiographical statement/personal statement of faith
Signed Biblical Foundations Statement
Signed GCU Release and Assignment Form
Signed GCU Student Disclosure Agreement Form
Official transcripts of all college, university, or seminary records, showing all courses pursued, grades received, and degree(s) earned
Two recommendation letters completed by the references listed on the application
(Only for M.Div. applicant) Two-three pages describing the applicant’s conversion experience and pastoral calling
(Only for D. Min. applicant) Two-three pages describing the applicant’s doctoral project
One recent passport size photo
International250 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 250 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National250 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 250 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.