The Divinity program of Emory University fosters students’ understanding of church and ministry in the contemporary world, and students’ ability to work meaningfully and creatively in a vocation of religious leadership. It increases students’ knowledge and strengthens their ability to integrate their understanding of the various disciplines of theology and ministry with their experience of the church and the world.
Through their study for a Master of Divinity degree, students will gain:
- Formation in reflective practices of leadership.
- Grounding in Christian texts, traditions, theologies and practices.
- An informed sense of one’s self and one’s ministerial vocation through appropriation and integration.
- A sense of vocation as practitioners, leaders and public theologians who will be generative of positive change and new possibilities for the church and world.
- Knowledge and experience of a multi-ethnic, intercultural, ecumenical and religiously diverse world.
- Skills in critical and imaginative thinking, responsible interpretation and effective communication.
- Basic proficiency in practical skills for ministry plus specific competencies in pockets of theological expertise.
The selection of an optional concentration allows students to give their degree focus and depth in an area that is of particular interest to them. Students may choose from the following concentrations:
- Criminal Justice Ministries
- Formation and Witness
- Justice, Peacebuilding, and Conflict Transformation
- Leadership in Church and Community
- Religion, Health, and Science
- Religion and Race
- Scripture and Interpretation
- Society and Personality
- Theology and the Arts
- Theology and Ethics
- Traditions of the Church
More informationVisit official programme website
- Interpretation of the Old Testament
- Interpretation of the New Testament
- History of Early Christian Thought
- Systematic Theology
- Christian Ethics
- Introduction to Preaching
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 742 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application
- Academic Writing Sample
- Transcripts (all schools attended)
- Autobiographical Statement
- Plan of Study Statement
- 3 Recommendations
- TOEFL scores
International42800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21400 USD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
National42800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21400 USD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.