The French degree leads to teaching careers in secondary education and college, and to admission to doctoral programs in these languages or comparative literature. Courses cover numerous aspects of the literature from the Medieval through the contemporary periods, viewed through various methods of literary criticism.
Courses at The City University of New York are also given in the history of the language, advanced translation, civilization, and the cinema. Seminars are set aside for methodology, selected authors or literary topics, and special problems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of the French Language
- Problems in French Language
- French Medieval Literature
- Rabelais and Montaigne
- French Renaissance Literature
- French Classical Theatre of the Seventeenth Century
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Languages Literature View 586 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A strong undergraduate concentration in French, consisting normally of a minimum of 20 undergraduate elective credits.
- The credentials of each applicant are to be examined by a suitable departmental committee that shall have the authority to accept or reject the candidate.
- This committee may request an interview with a candidate for admission if it feels it is necessary to do so.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.