All Social Work students in the program at The City University of New York complete an Advanced Generalist curriculum and gain the knowledge, values and skills of the competencies of the social work profession required for Advanced Generalist Practice with individuals, families, groups, communities, and organizations, as well as for supervision, administration, research, and policy practice.
The M.S.W. program is registered with the New York State Education Department and is fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Students who earn their M.S.W. degree will also have completed all educational requirements and will be eligible to take the New York State licensing exam for the LMSW Students who complete the two-year curriculum and earn their M.S.W. degree will have met the educational requirements for the New York State licensing exam for the Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). Please note that the New York State Education Department has established additional requirements to be eligible to take the LCSW exam; these requirements must be met after graduation.
- Generalist Social Work Practice
- Fieldwork and Seminar
- Social Welfare Policy Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSocial Work View 364 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, including 45 liberal arts credits;
- Minimum undergraduate grade average of 3.0;
- Application to the program, including a personal statement that addresses preparation for the program, career goals, and understanding of the profession and commitment to social work values;
- An interview may be required.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.