Students take a 12-credit core of Liberal Studies courses and 18 credits of graduate electives from various departments. The final requirement is to write a 6-credit master's thesis under the supervision of a faculty member, with the option of substituting a 3-credit capstone project and an additional elective.
Upon completion of all course work and submission of thesis or capstone project, all students must successfully pass a one-hour oral defense with their thesis/capstone committee. The chair of this committee and primary reader/adviser of the thesis/capstone is a faculty member in the field addressed by the thesis/capstone; the second reader of the thesis/capstone will usually be a program faculty adviser, but not necessarily in all cases.
Students may choose any graduate course offered by the following departments:
- Africana Studies
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Early Childhood and Childhood Education
- Earth, Environmental, and Geospatial Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Languages and Literatures
- Latin American and Latino Studies
- Middle and High School Education
- Music, Multimedia, Theatre, and Dance
- Physics and Astronomy
- Political Science
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Arts and Humanities
- The Social Sciences
- The Natural Sciences
- Independent Reading
- Master's Thesis Preparation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Liberal Arts View 387 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- A bachelor's degree with at least a 3.0 grade point average or its foreign equivalent from an accredited college or university. In exceptional cases student with a cumulative undergraduate grade-point average below 3.0 may apply by special petition.
- Submission of an autobiographical letter.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Submission of a tentative course list related to the area intended to be pursued as a concentration.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.