Information Privacy and Cybersecurity Law students will choose twelve credit hours of core courses, and may choose from elective courses in the areas of international law, internet law, and constitutional law and privacy, among others.
Attorneys specializing in this field work as policy advisors, consultants, and for governmental, academic, and private committees on cybersecurity and information policy. Indiana University is also home to the Center for Applied Cybersecurity Research, which works to identify and address cybersecurity problems through research, collaboration, and education.
Faculty and staff
The Indiana University Bloomington faculty members are internationally known for research that defines the major issues of our time. Their research spans diverse fields including cybersecurity, human rights, information technology, the environment, and international business transactions.
- Health Privacy Law
- Information Privacy Law
- Information Security Law
- Advanced Constitutional Law
- Advanced Constitutional Law: Issues Related to the Press
- Informational Privacy and Security Management Practicum
- International Law
- Internet Law
- Internet Law: Political and Legal Dimensions
- National and Homeland Security Law
- Seminar in Electronic Mass Media
- Seminar in Information Privacy
- Seminar in International Law: Drone Law
- Survey of Intellectual Property
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Public Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 741 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- LLM and MCL applicants who received their undergraduate education outside the United States are generally required to have completed a degree in law or a strong undergraduate concentration in legal coursework.
- Our SJD program is for international law graduates who already hold an LLM degree and who have demonstrated exceptional analytical and research abilities. For all programs, an applicant's educational history should demonstrate exceptional performance, based on factors such as courses completed, GPA, class rank, and other indicators.
International32156 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32156 USD per year during 12 months.
National30704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30704 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10630 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bloomington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.