After planning his or her program in advance with the Graduate Program Director, the student in the Master of Arts in English at The City University of New York must complete a minimum of 30 credits in English with an average of B or better. Students are encouraged to enroll in a full course load (9 credits) each semester so that the program can be completed in four semesters.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Readings in Composition and Rhetoric
- Seminar in Writing: Practice and Theory
- Master's Research
- Studies in Old English Language and Literature
- Studies in American Literature to 1800
- Writing and Rhetoric in the Digital Age
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Creative Writing Literature View 525 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstration of the potential to pursue graduate study successfully - that is, attainment of a minimum undergraduate Grade Point Average of 3.0 in the undergraduate record as a whole and a 3.0 in English.
- Study of a minimum of 18 credit hours in courses beyond the introductory level in English.
- Submission of scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test.
- Submission of three letters of recommendation
- Submission of a personal statement of some 500 words indicating as precisely as possible the applicant's preparation for master's work and career plans.
- Submission of a 10-25 page writing sample, depending on concentration.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 24 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 24 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.