Informatics nurses use, integrate, and analyze technology to make changes in nursing practice, advance health outcomes, and facilitate research and education.
The MS in Nursing Informatics online degree program at The City University of New York guides nursing professionals to assess institutional data needs, manage data effectively, and improve patient care quality. In addition to taking courses focused on enhancing communication and patient outcomes, students enroll in a six-credit practicum to gain experience with compliance and accreditation mandates, staff education, and the design of new data management systems.
The MS in Nursing Informatics at CUNY School of Professional Studies is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Policy and Ethics in Nursing
- Nursing Theory and Role Development
- Healthcare Finance and Management
- Advanced Practice Health Assessment
- Advanced Practice Pathophysiology
- Advanced Practice Pharmacology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Nursing Health Informatics View 227 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
- Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Applicants are required to write a personal statement, upload a resume, and provide two letters of recommendation. An individual interview may be necessary.
- Completed undergraduate courses in Health Assessment, Pathophysiology, and Statistics, with grades of C or better.
- Hold an unencumbered nursing license and a current registration
- Submit three letters of recommendation from each a faculty member, nurse leader/immediate supervisor, and community leader
- Submit a description of an evidence-based practice project completed in nursing school or in which you participated in the practice setting
- Submit a resume
- Submit a copy of your Registered Nursing License
- Submit a copy of your current New York State RN Registration
International38475 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National38475 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.