Vocal Performance students at University of Miami, at all levels work tirelessly to develop and maintain an efficient vocal technique and compelling artistry through study with a voice faculty whose members are established master teachers and performers.
Private voice lessons, vocal coaching, lyric diction, and language study are vital components of the degree programs, as are music theory, music history and literature, opera literature, art song repertoire, and vocal pedagogy.
Students gain essential stage skills and experience through participation in Frost Opera Theater, which compliments and builds on their work in the voice studio.
The mission of the Master of Music Degree in Vocal Performance is to:
- Provide students the highest quality of education available in the areas of vocal performance and musicianship that will provide them the skills required to lead to professional performance careers as classical singers;
- Stimulate the student's awareness and artistic creativity in the filed of vocal performance;
- Provide students public performance opportunities in a supportive and encouraging environment;
- Provide students the writing and research skills needed in order to adequately prepare them for study at the doctoral level;
- Provide career development opportunities through direct connections with professionals in the field, including directors, conductors, coaches, and other relevant individuals as chosen by the voice faculty.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Vocal Pedagogy
- Voice Disorders
- Master's Recital
- Masters Project
- The Teaching Artist
- Arts Leadership
- Transcripts – an official transcript from ALL post-secondary schools attended, regardless of if a degree was granted or not, must be sent directly to the Frost School of Music from the issuing institution in order to be considered official
- Three letters of recommendation - sent through CollegeNet as part of application submission. These do not need to be sent separately
- Resume - attached to the application at the time of submission. This does not need to be sent separately
- GRE Score
- TOEFL/IELTS Score
- Teaching/Conducting Sample
- Writing Sample
International10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.