Master of Science in Architecture students at University of Miami select one of two tracks:
Architectural Design Track 36 credits
The Architectural Design track focuses on a project-based approach with advanced graduate studios, core seminars, three electives, and a Master’s Thesis or Capstone Project in Design. Students select a focus topic from the School’s defined research areas.
Architectural Studies Track 36 credits
The Architectural Studies track focuses on a text-based study, with one advanced graduate studio, five electives, and a written Master’s Thesis. Students propose a topic in advance, or select a concentration in one of the School’s defined research areas (see below) with the approval of the faculty and Graduate Director.
The Mission of the School of Architecture is:
- To prepare students for professional leadership and lifelong learning in architecture, urbanism, and related fields.
- To advance knowledge and technology through research, and creative practice.
- To deploy knowledge and technology through professional engagement, real-world applications, and community service.
- To promote the goals of environmental responsibility, social equity, and economic sustainability.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research in Design-Methods and Procedures
- Architecture Design
- Directed Research
- Architecture Design Degree Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture View 302 other Masters in Architecture in United States
- Completed application form with an application fee. This fee is mandatory.
- A letter or statement expressing your interest in the program and reasons for applying.
- Official transcripts of all college and university courses taken, indicating the date your professional or other undergraduate degree was awarded. All transcripts must be sent directly from the institution’s registrar.
- Official GRE or GMAT scores sent directly and TOEFL scores, as applicable.(GRE/GMAT not required for Executive Master of Construction Management)
International2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.