About this Degree
Students begin accruing supervised practice hours in the Spring semester of the Junior year and continue until graduating with their Master’s degree. In this program students will complete both their BS and MS degrees and the supervised practice hours necessary to be eligible to take the national credentialing examination to become Registered Dietitian Nutritionists. Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics is offered at University of Tennessee Knoxville.
A myriad of features make our program a novel one:
- Accelerated learning – Students complete a bachelor’s and master’s degree in just five years.
- Cost saving – Students save time and money through a seamless transition to complete only one year of graduate study
- Hands-on learning – Students immediately apply classroom learning through the integration of traditional coursework and practicum experiences starting in the junior year
- Confidence building- Students first practice nutrition assessment, education, and counseling skills with standardized patients and within the local community before stepping into clinical practice
- Customizable – With careful early planning students may complete undergraduate minor in complementary fields such as culinary arts (in development), public health, business, sustainability, food science, psychology, and Hispanic studies.
- Community Health Practicum
- Clinical Nutrition-Outcomes Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Advanced Clinical Practice & Mentorship
- Healthcare Foodservice Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Health Informatics View 2114 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Applicants must have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting agency, recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEEA). A non-U.S. degree must be equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from the United States and must be granted by a recognized or accredited foreign institution.
- United States degree holders must have earned a minimum of 2.7 out of a possible 4.0 GPA or a minimum of 3.0 during the senior year of undergraduate study. If you have completed previous graduate coursework, you must have earned a minimum of 3.0 out of a possible 4.0 GPA.
- Applicants with non-U.S. degrees must have earned a minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or other equivalent to a ‘B’ average.
International44218 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44218 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National44218 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44218 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State18632 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18632 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.