Quantitative Methods in the Social Sciences affordable, interdisciplinary program is designed for experienced professionals and scholars as well as recent college graduates.
You will learn how to make sense of real-world data to help answer research questions, inform policy, and further our understanding of the dynamic relationships that exist in society. You will learn advanced data and statistical analysis techniques and the logic behind them. At The City University of New York you will have the opportunity to draw on a variety of theoretical frameworks from fields such as sociology, political science, educational psychology, economics, and demography to understand the world we inhabit.
You will gain hands-on experience in using specialized software to acquire, manage, and assess real-world data, and will have opportunities to present your findings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Statistics and Computer Programming
- Sociological Statistics
- Research Methods
- Capstone Course
- General Linear Models
- 18 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Statistics View 489 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the United States, or its equivalent abroad, with a cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 (B average) or higher;
- Completion of an introductory statistical methods course at the undergraduate level and preferably a research methods course;
- Prior courses in sociology, psychology, educational psychology, or other social science fields beyond the introductory level are expected;
- Submit transcripts of all college and graduate work;
- Submit two letters of recommendation, preferably from academics;
- Submit a personal statement of up to 1,000 words
- Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores for students who have not earned a degree in an English-speaking country.
International17100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 18 months.
National17100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 18 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
- Part-time: $470 per credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.