Quantitative Methods in the Social Sciences affordable, interdisciplinary program is designed for experienced professionals and scholars as well as recent college graduates.
You will learn how to make sense of real-world data to help answer research questions, inform policy, and further our understanding of the dynamic relationships that exist in society. You will learn advanced data and statistical analysis techniques and the logic behind them. At The City University of New York you will have the opportunity to draw on a variety of theoretical frameworks from fields such as sociology, political science, educational psychology, economics, and demography to understand the world we inhabit.
You will gain hands-on experience in using specialized software to acquire, manage, and assess real-world data, and will have opportunities to present your findings.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The curriculum is 30 credits.
- Students take three foundational courses in statistics and research methods and have the flexibility to tailor their electives to hone in on the skills and topics that most interest them.
- Students choose courses in consultation with their academic advisors.
- The program culminates with a capstone research project conducted in close consultation with a faculty member.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 361 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Online Application
- Transcripts: Transcripts must be uploaded into the online application from each college or university attended even if you did not complete a degree or did not enroll in courses in your current field.
- Letters of Recommendation
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.