In this age of automation and cloud computing, data science experts are in high demand. Data Science 30-credit program at The City University of New York prepares professionals and researchers to capitalize on the data revolution. World-leading data scientists and computer scientists — all full-time professors — teach courses that have immediate, real-world applications.
Featured topics include artificial intelligence, algorithms for big data, data visualization, data mining, and machine learning. At the Graduate Center, you will gain the analytic planning abilities that will set you apart. Our location in New York City and our ties to corporations, startups, government, and nonprofits will give you an additional edge. With data science expertise, the chances to excel in virtually every field — finance, social networks, urban planning, biomedicine, forensics, and policy, to name a few — are endless.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Machine Learning
- Data Visualization
- Big Data Analytics
- Data Mining
- Database Management Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 198 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) in computer science* from an accredited college or university, as of the date of matriculation in the program
- At least one course in each of the three areas: linear algebra, probability and statistics, and algorithms
- Fluency in programming at least one of Python, Java, or C++
- Two letters of recommendation
- A statement of purpose explaining the student’s career objectives, interests, and academic and professional background that are relevant to the degree program
- Sample works (e.g., projects, programming code repositories, websites, videos, creative works) that demonstrate professional experience related to the program (optional)
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
Part-time: $470 per credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.