Areas of concentration include: biblical studies, ethics and social change, interreligious studies, ministry, religious education, spiritual formation and theology. Students must complete a summative exercise at the end of their program which takes the form of master seminar or research-focused project.
The Theological Studies program of Claremont School of Theology is ideal for those already working in or considering non-profit community leadership or faith-based leadership, for those who plan to pursue further graduate study, for those who want a theological education to enhance their ministry as lay people, as well as for UMC ministry candidates following the Deacon path. The final summative exercise will be akin to a portfolio that corresponds with the student’s interests, connecting their education with the practical tools needed to work in a certain area.
Areas Of Concetration
This concentration provides depth of study in a particular theological discipline and offers ideal preparation for students who plan to pursue doctoral studies. In most cases, students complete 12 units in an area to receive the concentration. Disciplines available include:
- Biblical Studies
- Ethics and Social Change
- Interreligious Studies
- Process Studies
- Religious Education
- Spiritual Care and Counseling
- Spiritual Formation
- The Hebrew Bible in Context
- The New Testament in Context
- History of World Christianities
- Systematic Theology
- Christian Ethics
- Interreligious Dialogue and Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Completing your application early maximizes your admission and financial aid opportunities.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies Islamic Studies View 324 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Application Fee ($50)
- Personal Statement (Approximately 1000 words)
- Your personal statement should address: your reasons for a pursuit of graduate theological study, your desire to study at Claremont School of Theology, your intended use of the degree in meeting future goals
- Official sealed transcripts from all institutions attended after high school
- Letters of Recommendation – 3 total
- English Proficiency Documentation - required for all applicants for whom English is a second language. Either official TOEFL or official IELTS scores will be accepted.
International26520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1105 USD per credit during 24 months.
National26520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1105 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Claremont
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.