The Theological Studies program of Claremont School of Theology provides room for students to personalize their studies to their own areas of interest. The culmination of this degree is a summative exercise which usually takes the form of a Master’s thesis.
Islamic Studies and Leadership Track
The Islamic Studies and Leadership track strikes a careful balance between theory and practice for students interested in positions of leadership in Muslim contexts, particularly in North American Muslim communities.
The program requires courses in the Qur’an, Islamic philosophy, theology, history, jurisprudence, and spirituality as well as Arabic language to ensure a firm grounding in Islamic thought and practice.
Students can then customize their program to study contemporary issues in ethics, youth development, urban education, spiritual formation, immigration rights, non-profit leadership, and/or spiritual care, among others. The degree culminates with an exam in Arabic translation and communication, and a paper/project or master’s thesis.
Students in this program will be prepared for a variety of careers in public, private, religious and non-profit contexts that require grounding in the Islamic tradition.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Islamic Leadership and Spirituality
- The Qur’an: Composition, Collection and Teachings
- Islamic Theology and Philosophy
- Islamic Law and Legal Theory
- Interreligious Dialogue and Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 568 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Application Fee ($50)
- Personal Statement (Approximately 1000 words)
- Your personal statement should address: your reasons for a pursuit of graduate theological study, your desire to study at Claremont School of Theology, your intended use of the degree in meeting future goals
- Official sealed transcripts from all institutions attended after high school
- Letters of Recommendation – 3 total
- English Proficiency Documentation - required for all applicants for whom English is a second language. Either official TOEFL or official IELTS scores will be accepted.
International1105 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1105 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1105 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1105 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Claremont
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.